    --
    Timothy Murphy
    tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

    Timothy Murphy, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Timothy Murphy

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Timothy Murphy wrote:
    > I'm looking for a generic program,
    > preferably in Java (but that is not essential)
    > which will enable me to enter data into an XML "database".
    > My hope would be that the program might create a suitable window
    > based on the DTD, with boxes for entry of the different items.
    > Hopefully, it would be relatively easy to modify the layout
    > to suit the particular case.
    >
    > As concrete examples, the data might be an address-book,
    > or a library catalogue.
    >
    > Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

    There was a neat but curious little SGML editor called InContext
    which used to do just this, but for Windows only.

    Microsoft's InfoPath does it similarly, but that ain't Java, and
    it only uses W3C Schemas.

    I haven't seen exactly anything that does what you describe recently
    (but then I haven't been looking), although I believe some of the
    more advanced editor APIs let you do a box-view data entry window.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Jan 20, 2006