xml newby - another stupid question!!

Darren

Hi,

I am writing a homepage that contains a table that displays xml data,
the page is called index.xsl and the xml is called index.xml.

As there is now no index.html as i've converted it to xsl, how will
the browser find the default page (index.xml)?

I've tested it on some webspace and it doesnt display the page by
default unless you specify domain.com\index.xml.

am I missing something fundamental here?

do I have to set up an index.html that redirects to the .xml? (seems
sily)

is it possible to have an index.html with xml in it so that the
browser automatically loads it?

Darren

Martin Honnen

Darren said:
I am writing a homepage that contains a table that displays xml data,
the page is called index.xsl and the xml is called index.xml.

As there is now no index.html as i've converted it to xsl, how will
the browser find the default page (index.xml)?

Check the documentation of your web server on how to set the default
document. Or ask your hoster to set the default document as needed if
you can't configure it yourself.