xml newby - another stupid question!!

Discussion in 'XML' started by Darren, Mar 13, 2007.

  1. Darren

    Darren Guest

    Hi,

    I am writing a homepage that contains a table that displays xml data,
    the page is called index.xsl and the xml is called index.xml.

    As there is now no index.html as i've converted it to xsl, how will
    the browser find the default page (index.xml)?

    I've tested it on some webspace and it doesnt display the page by
    default unless you specify domain.com\index.xml.

    am I missing something fundamental here?

    do I have to set up an index.html that redirects to the .xml? (seems
    sily)

    is it possible to have an index.html with xml in it so that the
    browser automatically loads it?

    Darren
    Darren, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Darren wrote:

    > I am writing a homepage that contains a table that displays xml data,
    > the page is called index.xsl and the xml is called index.xml.
    >
    > As there is now no index.html as i've converted it to xsl, how will
    > the browser find the default page (index.xml)?

    Check the documentation of your web server on how to set the default
    document. Or ask your hoster to set the default document as needed if
    you can't configure it yourself.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/