XML proficiency question

Discussion in 'XML' started by spark, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. spark

    spark Guest

    I was asked this question...anyone have any insight? I am not really
    sure what it is asking for. I know a little about XML, but i really
    dont get this question. Any help would be appreciated.

    Question:
    Suppose you were working on a system that used a simple XML data
    transfer protocol that relied on HTTP as it's transport layer and
    provides two types of compression and encoding for that data. These
    compression and encoding algorithms will be referred to as "CompA"
    and "CompB" for this example. The current system has two objects
    that provide these services as described below.

    HttpTransportCompA - This object uses the "CompA" compression and
    encoding algorithm and provides an HTTP transport layer for the data.
    This object has a send(url, xml) method that takes an XML string to
    compress via the "CompA" and transmit via http to the URL.

    HttpTransportCompB - This object uses the "CompB" compression and
    encoding algorithm and provides an HTTP transport layer for the data.
    This object has a send(url, xml) method that takes an XML string to
    compress via the "CompB" and transmit via http to the URL.

    You are now required to add HTTPS in addition to HTTP transport to the
    system while supporting both "CompA" and "CompB" for the XML
    data.

    Describe the resulting objects for the system.
    spark, Dec 16, 2005

  2. spark

    Soren Kuula Guest

    spark wrote:
    > I was asked this question...anyone have any insight? I am not really
    > sure what it is asking for. I know a little about XML, but i really
    > dont get this question. Any help would be appreciated.

    I think it is intended to mean: Show me that you have enough grasp of
    object-oriented analysis and design, as well as HTTP and HTTPS, to come
    up with an object-oriented design, exteding upon the given one, that
    supports HTTPS.

    Enjoy ;)

    Soren
    Soren Kuula, Dec 17, 2005