XML question

Aaron

Hello,

I am using VB/ASP.net 2005. When I click submit it refreshes the page
without entering the data from all the text boxes and not entering in the
Game1.xml.

here is the asp.vb code
Imports System.Xml

Partial Class _game1

Inherits Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click

Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument

xDoc.Load(Request.MapPath("game1.xml"))

Dim newComment As XmlDocumentFragment = xDoc.CreateDocumentFragment()

newComment.InnerXml = "<Game>" + _

"<Wname>" + Server.HtmlEncode(txtWName.Text) + "</Wname>" + _

"<Bname>" + Server.HtmlEncode(txtBName.Text) + "</Bname>" + _

"<date>" + Server.HtmlEncode(txtDate.Text) + "</date>" + _

"<opening>" + Server.HtmlEncode(txtOpening.Text) + "</opening>" + _

"</Game>"

Dim root As XmlElement = xDoc.DocumentElement

root.AppendChild(newComment)

xDoc.Save(Request.MapPath("game1.xml"))

Response.Redirect(".....")

End Sub

End Class

TIA

Peter Rilling

Because you are doing a redirect. By doing this, the browser does not
remember what was last submitted because as far as it is concerned, it is a
new page, just like as if you entered the URL directly in the address bar.

Aaron

Pter,

I have tried with out the redirect and it still will not input data from all
the textboxes.

Aaron

PJ on Development

Dear Aaron,

Looks like you're saving the input in an XML file.

Did you check to see if the ASP_NET (or the NETWORK_SERVICES if you're
running Win2K3) account has permission to write on that file?

If it does have permission, check the contents of the file and it
should be there.

If you plan to redirect the process to another page, make sure to pass
all the values to the other page.

Regards,

PJ
http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com/