    times.

    Thanks,
    -- Mark

    Mark Grossmann, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Mark Grossmann wrote:

    > I am really new to XML parsers. AFAIK most (DOM) XML parsers use XML schemas
    > only for validation. Are there parsers that use XML schema to optimize
    > in-memory representation of XML-trees?
    >
    > For example I have a zillion of small XML documents loaded in memory (for
    > fast access), all instances of the same XML-schema. Optimally the structural
    > information of corresponding XML-trees should not be replicated zillion
    > times.

    I do not implement parsers, I only use them but as far as the W3C DOM
    Level 2 goes there is no schema related information in that object
    model. And at least for the Java binding the W3C DOM is only modelled by
    interfaces so you can't tell what structure is below implementing those
    interfaces.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/