XML to Database

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by worlman385@yahoo.com, Mar 22, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I am now using SQLXML to load XML file into a SQLServer database.

    Here is how it works -

    XML(Data) + XSD(Schema) -->

    through MS SQLXML COM program (EXE) -->

    SQLServer2005

    ==================

    I though XML Schema is used for defining what kind of Element or
    attribute should appear in an XML document right?

    But from above example, XSD schema can also used to describe how XML
    document should be map to a Database table too???

    Then XSD can be think of a document that describe how One want to
    manipulate a specific XMLfile?

    So, XSD schema to be used to describe anything about data manipulate
    of an XML???

    Above is the only use of XSD schema?

    , Mar 22, 2008

  2. <> wrote:

    > I though XML Schema is used for defining what kind of Element or
    > attribute should appear in an XML document right?
    >
    > But from above example, XSD schema can also used to describe how XML
    > document should be map to a Database table too???
    >
    > Then XSD can be think of a document that describe how One want to
    > manipulate a specific XMLfile?
    >
    > So, XSD schema to be used to describe anything about data manipulate
    > of an XML???
    >
    > Above is the only use of XSD schema?

    This is the Perl newsgroup.

    We discuss things related to the Perl programming language here.

    Not one of your questions is related to the Perl Programming language.

    You are in the wrong newsgroup.

    --
    Tad McClellan

    Tad J McClellan, Mar 22, 2008