XML to java binding

sc_wizard29

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an open source XML to java binding tool. There are so
many of them that I've decided to focus only on the apache fundation
tools.

XMLBeans : technology for accessing XML by binding it to Java types
JaxMe 2 : A Java/XML binding compiler that takes as input a schema
description and outputs a set of Java classes

Can someone tell me what is exactly the difference between these two
tools ?

I guess that since "JaxMe2" is an implementation of JAXB, it is more
standard than XMLBeans... but which one would you recommend ?

thanks for helping !

Daniel Dyer

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an open source XML to java binding tool. There are so
many of them that I've decided to focus only on the apache fundation
tools.

XMLBeans : technology for accessing XML by binding it to Java types
JaxMe 2 : A Java/XML binding compiler that takes as input a schema
description and outputs a set of Java classes

Can someone tell me what is exactly the difference between these two
tools ?

I guess that since "JaxMe2" is an implementation of JAXB, it is more
standard than XMLBeans... but which one would you recommend ?

thanks for helping !

If you are interested in XML data-binding with Java, you might want to
check out this series of articles, which compares the major alternatives
and introduces a new framework called JiBX.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-databdopt/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-databdopt2/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-databd3/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-databd4/

I have been using Castor XML for the last year or so, but JiBX looks
promising and I will be evaluating it when I get time.

Dan.

Daniel Dyer

If you are interested in XML data-binding with Java, you might want to
check out this series of articles, which compares the major alternatives
and introduces a new framework called JiBX.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-databdopt/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-databdopt2/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-databd3/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-databd4/

I have been using Castor XML for the last year or so, but JiBX looks
promising and I will be evaluating it when I get time.

I also just found this site, which gives a concise summary of the relative
merits of the different frameworks:

https://bindmark.dev.java.net/

Dan.