XSL FO complex layout

Discussion in 'XML' started by Roberta, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. Roberta

    Roberta Guest

    Hi all,
    I'm new to XSL FO and I've a problem I can't solve myself. I use XEP
    3.8.1.
    I have a sequence of text+prices so that text is, say, 2 or 3 lines
    long, and the number must appear at the right-bottom corner.

    A little draft (I put borders here but I don't need any border):
    |------------------------------|
    |sample text sample text sample|
    | |---------|
    | text sample text...| number |
    |--------------------|---------|

    Now, the problem is... how can I do it?

    If I set <fo:inline width=...> for the number, XEP seems to ignore it.
    I tried using lists (text is the list-item-label and number is the
    list-item-body or viceversa) but I can't control vertical alignment...

    Any idea?

    Thanks
    Roberta

    Roberta, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Roberta

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Roberta wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm new to XSL FO and I've a problem I can't solve myself. I use XEP
    > 3.8.1.
    > I have a sequence of text+prices so that text is, say, 2 or 3 lines
    > long, and the number must appear at the right-bottom corner.
    >
    > A little draft (I put borders here but I don't need any border):
    > |------------------------------|
    > |sample text sample text sample|
    > | |---------|
    > | text sample text...| number |
    >
    > Now, the problem is... how can I do it?
    >
    > If I set <fo:inline width=...> for the number, XEP seems to ignore it.
    > I tried using lists (text is the list-item-label and number is the
    > list-item-body or viceversa) but I can't control vertical alignment...

    This is one of the reasons I prefer to use XSLT to convert to LaTeX,
    where you have better control over things like this.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Sep 12, 2004