    this possibility, but maybe one of y'all knows a trick....

    I expect that I'll have to use multiple XSL stylesheets and corral them with
    a Perl script.

    Richard R., Nov 8, 2004

  2. Richard R. wrote:

    > Given one XML file, is it possible in XSL to transform it into multiple HTML
    > files? I have a file I'd like to transform into an index page with links to
    > per-category pages. I haven't seen anything in the w3.org pages hinting at
    > this possibility, but maybe one of y'all knows a trick....

    With XSLT 1.0 there is exactly one result document (well one result tree
    that can then be serialized into one result document) but processors
    like Saxon 6 (see http://saxon.sourceforge.net/) and others implement
    extensions that allow you to create additional result trees/documents.
    See
    http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.3/xsl-elements.html#xsl:document
    for Saxon's extension or check your processor's documentation.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Nov 8, 2004