    Is it an xsl file can be processed using all XSLT processors?

    If not, anyway (such as inline command) to ensure that my xsl file
    will always use saxon EE 9.2.1.2 as XSLT processor?
    kanpeter, Oct 13, 2010

  2. kanpeter wrote:
    > I am a newby to XSLT.
    >
    > I am using Oxygen editor and saxon EE 9.2.1.2 as XSLT processor to do
    > my work (and the XSLT cannot be processed using some other XSLT
    > processors).
    >
    > Is it an xsl file can be processed using all XSLT processors?
    >
    > If not, anyway (such as inline command) to ensure that my xsl file
    > will always use saxon EE 9.2.1.2 as XSLT processor?

    The point of having a standardized XSLT language is to be able to allow
    various conforming implementations to process XSLT stylesheets. And
    there are by now a couple of XSLT 2.0 processors, besides Saxon.

    Of course if you use Saxon specific extensions and don't write the
    stylesheet in a way that it works when those extension functions or
    elements are not present your stylesheet will simply give an error in
    other XSLT processors.

    If your question is specific to configuring the Oxygen editor that it
    always use Saxon to execute a certain stylesheet then ask in an Oxygen
    support forum.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/