Zsi interoperability

Mailing List SVR

Hi,

I have to implement a soap web services from wsdl, the server is
developed using oracle, is zsi or some other python library for soap
interoperable with oracle soa?

thanks
Nicola

Stefan Behnel

Mailing said:
I have to implement a soap web services from wsdl, the server is
developed using oracle, is zsi or some other python library for soap
interoperable with oracle soa?

No idea, but I'd definitely try soaplib before ZSI.

Stefan

Marco Bizzarri

No idea, but I'd definitely try soaplib before ZSI.

Stefan

I'm working on a project where I need to write a client for SOAP with
Attachments; I can see ZSI does not support it; is soaplib any better?

Can you argument your suggestion a little more?

Regards
Marco

Mailing List SVR

Il giorno lun, 15/09/2008 alle 20.26 +0200, Marco Bizzarri ha scritto:
I'm working on a project where I need to write a client for SOAP with
Attachments; I can see ZSI does not support it; is soaplib any better?

I don't need soap attachments, I have some images but are base64 encoded
string, all other field are string, however my server require client
certificate authentication,

does soaplib or zsi work in this environment?

is really strange that there isn't a standard and well manteined
soap-1.2 implementation for python so we can talk without
interoperability issue with axis2,metro,cxf,oracle,.net ecc.. :-(

thanks
Nicola

Stefan Behnel

Marco said:
I'm working on a project where I need to write a client for SOAP with
Attachments; I can see ZSI does not support it; is soaplib any better?

Never tried, but it's supposed to support it.

In any case, soaplib is easy enough to use to just give it a try and see if it
works for you.

Stefan

Dieter Maurer

Marco Bizzarri said:
I'm working on a project where I need to write a client for SOAP with
Attachments; I can see ZSI does not support it

The ZSI documentation (2.0) says that SOAP attachments are supported --
but I never tried it.

Dieter

Dieter Maurer

Mailing List SVR said:
however my server require client
certificate authentication,

does soaplib or zsi work in this environment?

ZSI allows you to provide an alternative transport.
That's the usual way to let ZSI work over "https" rather than "http".

I do not know whether Python supports a client certificate authentication
transport out of the box -- but at least the problem is split into
two easier parts.

Dieter

Marco Bizzarri

The ZSI documentation (2.0) says that SOAP attachments are supported --
but I never tried it.

Dieter

That's right; but if you look at the code, it seems like it is able to
create a server which behaves in that way, but not to create a client
for it. But I'm still exploring...

Mailing List SVR

Il giorno mar, 16/09/2008 alle 08.31 +0200, Mailing List SVR ha scritto:
Il giorno lun, 15/09/2008 alle 20.26 +0200, Marco Bizzarri ha scritto:

I don't need soap attachments, I have some images but are base64 encoded
string, all other field are string, however my server require client
certificate authentication,

does soaplib or zsi work in this environment?

is really strange that there isn't a standard and well manteined
soap-1.2 implementation for python so we can talk without
interoperability issue with axis2,metro,cxf,oracle,.net ecc.. :-(

thanks
Nicola

I can confirm that zsi (2.0) works fine in my environment:

- oracle soa, as soap server
- class generation from wsdl
- several complex types
- no soap attachments (I transfer image as base64 encoded string)

regards
Nicola