2.0 Controlling password complexity in Membership

Guest

Hi

How do I control the password complexity for users registering themselves in
a webapp using Membership?

From http://beta.asp.net/QUICKSTART/aspnet/doc/security/membership.aspx

"Note that by default, the Membership feature requires passwords to be at
least seven characters long, and the password must contain at least one
non-alphanumeric character."

--- by default ---

Does this mean that there is some way of specifying stricter or more relaxed
rules for password complexity? And if so, how?

Guest

The builtin controls are using methods in Membership to control whether or
not a password is valid. They do not themselves contain the algorithms for
determining validity of passwords.

What I am after is a way of instructing Membership to use a different set of
rules for checking password complexity.

clintonG

I didn't understand that. Thank you for making the distinction.

<%= Clinton Gallagher