50 concurrent web users on asp.net 2.0 accessing Oracle database

jobs

We are are looking a developing asp.net website that will perform one
single post to a database.

While very unlikely, the worse case scenerio has 50 external users
access the site at the same time. Worse case maybe 20 doing refreshes
at the exact same time and maybe 10 posting to the databases (which
are on the otherside of the DMZ) at the exact same second.

The backend databases are oracle 9i and 10g.

Will we need to configure a transaction manager or any kind of
middleware?

Thanks for any help or information.

Mark Rae

While very unlikely, the worse case scenerio has 50 external users
access the site at the same time. Worse case maybe 20 doing refreshes
at the exact same time and maybe 10 posting to the databases (which
are on the otherside of the DMZ) at the exact same second.

That will not stress Oracle in any way.

Obviously, make sure you are doing things like closing connections
immediately they are no longer needed etc...