poor performance against Oracle DB on specific machine

yoram.ayalon

we are deploying a ASP.NET 2.0 web application (written in vb.net) to
a windows Server 2003 web edition in which .NET framework 2.0 has been
instaled. the application connects to an Oracle 9i database, and uses
system.date.oracleclient

our development machine windows runs XP, has VS 2005 installed.
our local testing machine runs windows 2003 enterprise edition, has VS
2005 installed.

on these 2 machines we get good performance, even though the testing
DB server resides on a remote network

however, on the target machine, which resides on same local network
where the same testing DB server is located, we get poor performance,
especially on pages that access the DB extensively.

any ideas?

yoram.ayalon

we are deploying a ASP.NET 2.0 web application (written in vb.net) to
a windows Server 2003 web edition in which .NET framework 2.0 has been
instaled. the application connects to an Oracle 9i database, and uses
system.date.oracleclient

our development machine windows runs XP, has VS 2005 installed.
our local testing machine runs windows 2003 enterprise edition, has VS
2005 installed.

on these 2 machines we get good performance, even though the testing
DB server resides on a remote network

however, on the target machine, which resides on same local network
where the same testing DB server is located, we get poor performance,
especially on pages that access the DB extensively.

any ideas?

oops, I found it. for some reasons we cannot send email to local SMTP
server, and all calls to sendmail (for debugging purposes) were
slowing down execution