VS 2003 & VS 2005 on one machine

shil

Can I have both 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks installed on same machine? I
have 2005 already, for some reason I had to install 2003. When I try to
create a new project in 2003, I get an error as below:

"Visual Studio could not identify the version of ASP.NET oon the Web
Server. The Web Server reported the following error when attempting to
create or open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 401 Access Denied'."

But I could create or open projects in 2005.
Any one know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Shil.

Andrew Robinson

..NET 1.1 and 2.0 play nicely on the same machine. Install 1.1 before 2.0.

VS2003 and VS2005 also play nicely on the same machine. Again, install 2003
first and then 2005.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Can I have both 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks installed on same machine?
Sure.

re:
I have 2005 already, for some reason I had to install 2003.
When I try to create a new project in 2003, I get an error as below:

You should uninstall them both, and reinstall them, first 2003 and then 2005.
They will work together just fine.

You don't have to uninstall the .Net Frameworks, btw.

Make sure you, also, install the 2003 MSDN
documentation before you install 2005's MSDN docs.

shil

Thank you Andrew.
I'll give it a try.