VS 2003 timed out

GaryDean

I have inherited a 1.1 asp.net project, a rather large one, that gets a
timeout message when I try to load it in Visual Studio 2003 on my XP Pro dev
box. In the beginning it just got it sometimes then, later, all the time.
I rebuilt the project and that fixed it - for a couple days. Now it times
out all the time. BTW it runs ok. I have examined IIS and it looks fine.
On a VMWARE Server2003 image it also times out but on another xp computer, a
slower older machine, it loads ok.

Message is:
The web server reported the following error while attempting to create or
open the web project located at the following URL:
http://localhost/myprojectname. The operation "timed out".

I'm doing some investigation with Filemon to try to see what's going on but
isn't there someplace the "timeout" value could be make larger?

Thanks,
Gary

Seer

Did you manage to resolve this issue. We are receiving the same problem on a
VM Server 2003.

Thanks,

James