    CBFalconer Guest

    and, when gcc becomes fully C99 compliant, the -ansi -pedantic
    switches will access that.

    CBFalconer, Nov 25, 2006

  2. <OT>
    Actually, I'd expect "-ansi" to retain its current meaning
    (conformance to the C89/C90 standard) indefinitely. It's equivalent
    to "-std=c89", and it's likely to remain so. But if you want to be
    sure of which standard you're asking it to support, "-std=c89" is more
    specific and less likely to change.
    </OT>

    The C standard is more properly referred to as ISO rather than ANSI
    anyway.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 27, 2006

  3. Laurent Deniau

    CBFalconer Guest

    GNU has stated that they plan to do as I posted.

    CBFalconer, Nov 28, 2006