Create constant in JS from JSON

Joined
Jul 8, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello. I have the following JSON data and would like to create a constant in JS contaning the value "17.6", but don't know how to create the data string. I hope somebody can help me. Thanks!

JSON data:

v value:
v 0:
date: 1657274400000
value: "17.6"
quality: "G"
updated: 1657274400000

Javascript:

<script>
fetch(
https://opendata-download-metobs.sm.../1/station/87440/period/latest-hour/data.json
)
.then(response => response.json())
.then(data => {
const tempSpan = document.querySelector("#tempSpan");
tempSpan.innerHTML = data.?????;
});
</script>

Ad

Joined
Jul 3, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
    <title></title>

  </head>
      <script>
fetch('https://opendata-download-metobs.smhi.se/api/version/1.0/parameter/1/station/87440/period/latest-hour/data.json')
.then(response => response.json())
.then(data => {
console.log(data);
const tempSpan = document.querySelector("#tempSpan"),
      val = data.value[0].value;
      tempSpan.innerHTML = val;
});
</script>

Joined
Jul 8, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Thanks for your quick response, but unfortunately it's not working. I managed to have another script (below) working perfect, but the JSON content was structured in another way. Now the problem seems to be to pick up the value: "17.6".
I am then using this line to display the value on the web page:

<script>
fetch(
"https://opendata-download-metfcst.s...otype/point/lon/17.8684/lat/58.7429/data.json"
)
.then(response => response.json())
.then(data => {
const tempSpan = document.querySelector("#tempSpan");
tempSpan.innerHTML = data.timeSeries[0].parameters[10].values[0];
});
</script>

Joined
Jul 3, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
but unfortunately it's not working

Here is a screenshot taken right from my screen a couple of seconds ago. Not working?

Attachments

  • val_from_json.jpg
    val_from_json.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 5
Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
151
Reaction score
24
@swede, You have modified the code Padonak gave you and that's why it's not working. There is nothing labeled as timeSeries in the JSON datum.

Ad

Joined
Jul 8, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I was not able to view your answers during a couple of days, was waiting for approval from the administrator to read it. In the meantime I found the answer myself. This works. Problem solved.

<script>
fetch('https://opendata-download-metobs.sm.../1/station/87440/period/latest-hour/data.json')
.then(response => response.json())
.then(data => {
console.log(data);
const tempSpan = document.querySelector("#tempSpan");
tempSpan.innerHTML = data.value[0].value
});
</script>

Ad