_struct in Python 2.5.2

Olaf Schwarz

Hi,

I am trying to run this application
http://svn.navi.cx/misc/trunk/python/bemused/
on uNSLUng Linux 6.10 using the optware python packages.

As I obtained segmentation faults using Python 2.4, I have upgraded to
2.5.2. Now the execution terminates a lot earlier with this error
message:

File "/usr/local/bemused_mpd/bemused-mpd.py", line 33, in <module>
import bemused
File "/usr/local/bemused_mpd/bemused.py", line 27, in <module>
import bluetooth, syslog
File "/opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bluetooth.py", line 2, in
<module>
import struct
File "/opt/lib/python2.5/struct.py", line 30, in <module>
from _struct import Struct, error
ImportError: No module named _struct

I found out that there has been a file named _struct.so in 2.5.1 but
it has disappeared in 2.5.2. With no package available for downgrading
to 2.5.1 and no idea how to resolve this I am stuck at this point.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you
Olaf

Martin v. Löwis

I found out that there has been a file named _struct.so in 2.5.1 but
it has disappeared in 2.5.2. With no package available for downgrading
to 2.5.1 and no idea how to resolve this I am stuck at this point.

Any help appreciated.

Where did you get your copy of Python 2.5.2 from, and how did you
install it? _struct should be there; if it isn't, something went
wrong during the installation.

Regards,
Martin

Nanjundi

[...]

Hi Olaf,
If you are still stuck, run
../configure
make
make install

if you skip the command make, then the required files (<python-install-
path>lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_struct.so) doesn't get created. Get
the latest 2.5.2 rpm from python.org, it works.

Good luck.
-N