A:hover moves CSS boxes... possible fix?

M Hedges

Hello,

Using the great code provided by glish.com as an example, I've started
building the following site:

http://hedges.org/busolemiss/template/index4.html

However, as you see on the box on the left, when you put the mouse over a
link ("Date 1"), it moves the box in an unexplainable way... it doesn't do
this when I take the A:hover out.... but I need the A:hover.

How can I fix this?

thank you
Matt

Eric Bohlman

Using the great code provided by glish.com as an example, I've started
building the following site:

http://hedges.org/busolemiss/template/index4.html

However, as you see on the box on the left, when you put the mouse
over a link ("Date 1"), it moves the box in an unexplainable way... it
doesn't do this when I take the A:hover out.... but I need the
A:hover.

I don't see any such effect in Opera 7.22, MSIE 6, or Mozilla Firefox 0.8,
all running under Windows. On Firefox but not the others, your red arrows
seem to be overlapping the text.

If you were getting the effect in MSIE 6, look up the "peekaboo bug"
and "guillotine bug"; it's possible you were triggering one of those.

M Hedges

You're right... I don't get it in other browsers (hadn't checked)... but I
do get it in my MSIE 6. I will look up the bus you mentioned, thanks.