A Java oppertunity

Brian white

in the province of BC Canada, (Province is like a state in USA) a group was
set up to see if a better voting system was appropriate. The group was
citizens picked at random (though first vetted so that there were no
political people among them). Anyway, that group took 10 months and
reviewed hundreds of electoral systems. They finally decided
(Overwhelmnly!) on a method called single transferable vote. This is the
system that has been used in the republic of ireland for the last 80 years.
The group of ordinary citizens is called the citizens assembly. Anyway, my
guess is that as it comes close to the time of the referendum (May 17th)to
decide to use the new system, there are going to be very many people
interested in the system (there are 30 million Canadians). A java applet
could be used to explain the system or better, to use the system online
with multiple choice surveys. I am not joking, the system is really simple
to use (I lived in Ireland for 35 years) and I believe it to be ideal for
surveys, questionaires and perhaps for finding business concensus
Business applications will surely follow!
Get there first
Brian White

Andrew Thompson

...I am not joking, the system is really simple
to use (I lived in Ireland for 35 years) and I believe it to be ideal for
surveys, questionaires and perhaps for finding business concensus
Business applications will surely follow!
Get there first

Why don't *you* get there first. For US$500* I will program it
and you can own the result. Sell it as you wish.

( * Subject to review of a full spec. of the applet )