A very stupid question. Visual C++ 2005.

IS

At the recommendation of several people in this newsgroup I have downloaded
two or three Compilers. One is the Beta version of Microsoft's Visual C++
2005.
I have entered a complete beginner code that looks like this:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std: //introduces namespace std

int main( void )

{

cout << "This is a test" ;

return 0:

}

My question is this: In Microsoft Visual C++ How do I compile and execute
something like the above code?
I told you this would be a stupid question. . . ha ha ha. I don't see
anything that says "compile" or "run" in any of the menus. How do you do it?

One more thing: In File>New>Project, what do you select in the left window
and then the right hand window if all you want to do is some beginner stuff
like what I have above?

Thanks a lot for your help so far.

IS.

Jonathan Turkanis

IS said:
I don't see
anything that says "compile" or "run" in any of the menus. How do you do it?

This is the wrong group for such a question. But since it's so stupid ...er ...
I mean simple, I will answer. You typically compile by selecting 'build' from
the build menu. To run from the IDE, you use 'run without debugging' from the
debug menu.You can also arrange your favorite commands as buttons on the
toolbars.

In the future, post to microsoft.public.vsnet.ide

Jonathan

Ioannis Vranos

IS said:
[...]

The better for this is to run the "Visual Studio Command Prompt", switch
to the folder of your .cpp file and run

cl /clr whatever.cpp

Another way is to use Project::Build menu.