About DBI and DBD

Samuel

Books telling that we can use Perl to access MySQL, I understand that MySQL
should be installed in the server, while Perl should be installed in the
Client host. How about DBI and DBD, where to install? Client host or the
Server?

usenet

Books telling that we can use Perl to access MySQL, I understand that MySQL
should be installed in the server

You need MySQL server on the server and MySQL client on the client
(which could be the same machine). You need MySQL software on BOTH
the client and the server.
How about DBI and DBD, where to install? Client host or the Server?

Client. The MySQL server does not need Perl or any Perl modules to
service a client accessing it via a Perl program.