About EJB or RMI

Mr. X.

Hello.

I don't know if EJB or RMI is the solution,
but I would like knowing much about EJB & RMI.

Also,
I have on windows platform a window-service, which get requests from clients
and for each client it creates a thread,
and each thread process do some tasks.

I need to do simmiliar thing on java (with none windows' platform).
How can I do that (what I can do instead of windows' service),
and does EJB / RMI give me solutions for that ?

Thanks :)

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Mr. X. said:
I don't know if EJB or RMI is the solution,
but I would like knowing much about EJB & RMI.

Also,
I have on windows platform a window-service, which get requests from clients
and for each client it creates a thread,
and each thread process do some tasks.

I need to do simmiliar thing on java (with none windows' platform).
How can I do that (what I can do instead of windows' service),
and does EJB / RMI give me solutions for that ?

Both an RMI server and a J2EE application server with EJB's
inside provide something you can call.

And they will even do the threading for you.

J2EE and EJB is rather "heavy" compared to a simple RMI
server but also provides a lot of additional functionality:
transactions, clustering (most app servers at least) etc..

If you prefer small & few features or huge & many features
I can not say.

Arne

Mr. X.

Thanks.

Can you give me a code sample, please , using clients & server n-tier
application ?

Thanks :)

Mr. X.

No.
Why ?
It's a simple & standard sample, that is around the internet somewhere.
(I didn't find any sample yet).

Thanks :)

Robert Klemme

Why ?
It's a simple & standard sample, that is around the internet somewhere.
(I didn't find any sample yet).

If you know it's so simple you'll sure be able to easily code it up
yourself. :)

Client server is not as easy as printing "hello world". I suggest you
look for Sun's tutorials on those technologies mentioned to get a better
understanding.

robert

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Mr. X. said:
Why ?
It's a simple & standard sample, that is around the internet somewhere.

Possible.

But I can not see any reason why I should google for you.

Arne