absolute positioning in vs 2008

rahul gupta

hey friends i was using vs 2008 for windows app earlier.
but when i moved to asp.net web site page development.
i was unable to adjust my controls.
vs 2008 by defalut takes conrol in flow layout.
this situation is fucking man.
the only solution i came to know after hours of googling is that we
have to individually set each postion type to absolute position.
this is not a permanent solution
so i have to shift to vs 2005 where we have layout position ang we can
by default set each and every control to absolute positioning.
but i want to work in vs 2008 ...is there any permanent solution to
this prob.??????

Klaus Moedinger

vs 2008 by defalut takes conrol in flow layout.
this situation is fucking man.

It makes sense for web apps in most cases. I guess, that's why Microsoft
choose to use flow layout as a default.
the only solution i came to know after hours of googling is that we
have to individually set each postion type to absolute position.
this is not a permanent solution
so i have to shift to vs 2005 where we have layout position ang we can
by default set each and every control to absolute positioning.
but i want to work in vs 2008 ...is there any permanent solution to
this prob.??????

Tools, Options, HTML Designer, CSS Styling, Change positioning to
absolute for controls added using Toolbox, paste or drag and drop.

Best regards,
Klaus