Positioning Web Control using css in VS 2008

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JB, Mar 3, 2009.

  1. JB

    JB Guest

    Hello

    I am building an ASP.net website. To position web controls side by side
    regardless of their dimension I am trying to use css absolute positioning but
    the
    Web Control which contains a button control doesn't go where I put it.
    Instead it goes in the upper right corner of the web page. Looking a the
    code below can I put the Web Control containg the button
    somewhere besides the upper right hand corner of the page, I am using an
    external css style sheet in the ASP application using VS 2008?

    <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs"
    Inherits="_Default" %>
    <%@ Register src="CallInformation.ascx" tagname="CallInformation"
    tagprefix="uc1" %>
    <%@ Register src="PollSiteInformation.ascx" tagname="PollSiteInformation"
    tagprefix="uc2" %>
    <%@ Register src="PollSiteContact.ascx" tagname="PollSiteContact"
    tagprefix="uc3" %>

    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="callcenter.css">
    <head runat="server">
    <title>Call Incident</title>
    </head>

    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <uc1:CallInformation ID="CallInformation1" runat="server" />

    <uc2:pollSiteInformation ID="PollSiteInformation1" runat="server" />
    <uc3:pollSiteContact ID="PollSiteContact1" runat="server" />

    </form>

    Below is the css file, it is only eight lines pollsiteer is a button I want
    to move from the upper right corner of the web page to the position 300
    pixels from the left and 300 pixels down;
    body{
    }
    #pollsiteer{
    position:absolute;
    top:300;
    left:300;
    height:73px;
    width:56px;
    }

    JB, Mar 3, 2009

  2. JB

    bruce barker Guest

    css requires units: top:300; is ignored. try top:300px;left:300px; of
    course if the first div is wider than 300px, they will overlap. you
    probably should use floats or set the size of the divs.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 3, 2009