It does not work to drag a web user control into a web page

Tony Johansson

Hello!

According to the book I read and the documentation on the web it should work
to drag a user control into a web page which should automatically create the
register directive and so on.

If I manually add these to the web page it works fine
<%@ Register src="~/Footer.ascx" tagname="Footer" tagprefix="aPress" %>
<aPress:Footer ID="Footer1" runat="server" />

but if I drag a user control the ascx file into the design view for the
aspx file it doesn't work.
When I drag a ascx file(web user control) into a web page when the design
view is shown I get the following
which is wrong.

Can somebody explain why it's not working.
I use VS 2008 Professional Edition.

//Tony