Abstract factory and Factory pattern

bruce barker

they are different but related.

the in factory pattern, the code calls the factory directly to create
objects.

in the abstract pattern, the abstract factory is called, and it
determines which factory to call to create the object.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

tal_mcmahon

http://www.questpond.com/FreeDesign1.htm

I was going through the above videos. Can i conclude Abstract factory
patterns are extensions of factory patterns. I have made the
conclusion after viewing the video and reading GOF books. I am
confused by these two patterns.

I would suggest the Head First series and specifically the GOF
Patterns book. It is great at illustrating the patterns in a way that
makes things more clear. Frankly, the GOF book is one of those "need
a book about the book" kind of books.

Tal

C#

The best illustration a book gave me for abstract was "build a computer".

It was a java book and I don't know which one it was.

However, I found thishttp://blog.dotnetstyling.com/archive/2007/11/25/Abstract-Factory-Des...

which is similar.

Thanks guys for your clarification