Access a com component

Brad Coble

I have an ASP.NET 2 web page that needs to load a com component and display
the results from a method.

I keep getting the error CS0117: 'object' does not contain a definition for
'DataPoints'

I know that the com object contains this method because I use it other
places.

This is my first try at using com from code behind so I'm not sure I'm doing
this correct.

The code im using is:
int dp = 0;

Object dtu = Server.CreateObject("IGEngine.IGEngine");

dp = dtu.DataPoints("u1").Value;

Label1.Text = dp.ToString();

Thanks!!

Brad

Richard

If I were you I'd scrap the late binding create a reference to your COM
object in references and code as follows.

int dp = 0;

IGEngine.IGEngine dtu = new IGEngine.IGEngine;

dp = dtu.DataPoints("u1").Value;

Label1.Text = dp.ToString();

There is absolutely no reason why this should not work assuming you IIS
ASPNET account has permissions to run the IGEngine.IGEngine (Assuming
your not impersonating?).