access denied -- cannot debug in VB6

cellbert

I create a VB6 DLL object within an ASP.NET page. I've set a reference to it
in my project and call with (in C#)

this.vbObject = new VB6Proj.VB6Class();

Normally this works fine at runtime. And it usually works fine when I start
up VB6 first, run the project, set a breakpoint, and bring up the webpage.
But now, when debugging in VB6, I get Server Error

Access is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

right on the line where I create the object. Only change I know of is a
recent Win XP Pro security update. My machine.config trust level is Full.
Any ideas? Thanks

cellbert

Well, I'm not sure. I made the aspnet user an administrator on my system,
but if you mean I can assign rights to a specific process to a dll, I don't
know how to do that. I would add, however, that the dll is fine -- it's when
I'm debugging in VB6 that I get the problem. At that point, I believe, it's
the VB6 IDE itself hosting the code out-of-process. I think I need to assign
some rights to vb6.exe or some of its dlls. Appreciate the feedback,