access denied

Lam

I try to create a aspx page using c# in Visual studio .net
when I try to preview the page
it shows me the following error

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\webapplication1\8c4f5b81\8bf31831" is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
boxes for the desired access.

I try to add enable the IUSR_mycomp to have access the folder
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322"
but it still shows me the error

can anyone tell me what's wrong ?
thanks a lot

Martin Kulov

Lam said:
I try to add enable the IUSR_mycomp to have access the folder
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322"
but it still shows me the error

You have to give access for ASP.NET account to folder
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\". Why are you trying to set rights for IUSR_xxx account?

--
Martin Kulov
http://www.codeattest.com

MCAD Charter Member