Access Denied in IE 6 using HTTPS and File Upload

DA

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've got a form that when placed on
a server running HTTPS, I get an "access denied" error in IE 6 (non-SP2
and SP-2) when a user tries to upload an image using a file upload form
control.

I read something about the onClick() event handler causing it, but I've
yet to see a fix or workaround for this. I've posted the form and
JavaScript below.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

-DA

<form name="myForm" enctype="multipart/form-data"
action="index.cfm?Action=PhotoUpload" method="post">
<label for="taDescription">Description:</label>
<textarea id="taDescription" name="description"></textarea>
<label for="fuFile">Photo to upload:</label>
<input id="fuFile" name="upFile" type="file" />
<input type="button" value="Send Now" onClick="submitForm()" />
</form>

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function submitForm()
{
if (!document.myForm.upFile.value.length)
{
alert("Please select a file to upload.");
return false;
}
if (!document.myForm.description.value.length)
{
alert("Description is required for accessibility.");
return false;
}
document.myForm.submit();
}
// -->
</script>

Steve van Dongen

DA said:
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've got a form that when placed on
a server running HTTPS, I get an "access denied" error in IE 6 (non-SP2
and SP-2) when a user tries to upload an image using a file upload form
control.

I read something about the onClick() event handler causing it, but I've
yet to see a fix or workaround for this.

Don't submit the form using script. Submit using a submit button and
do the validation in an onSubmit handler.
<form name="myForm" enctype="multipart/form-data"
action="index.cfm?Action=PhotoUpload" method="post">

<label for="taDescription">Description:</label>
<textarea id="taDescription" name="description"></textarea>
<label for="fuFile">Photo to upload:</label>
<input id="fuFile" name="upFile" type="file" />
<input type="button" value="Send Now" onClick="submitForm()" />

</form>

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--

<!-- comment is unnecessary

function validateForm(form)
{
if (!form.upFile.value.length)
{
alert("Please select a file to upload.");
return false;
}
if (!form.description.value.length)
{
alert("Description is required for accessibility.");
return false;
}

return true;
}