Access Denied System.Data/System.Transaction

Rick

I've migrated a web site from VS 2003 to VS 2005. After pushing the a
Windows Server 2003 web server. The Framework 2.0 web site works when I go
to test it. I'll start working on something else come back later and I start
getting Access Denied errors on System.Data or System.Transaction, these
files are set up as assemblies in the machine.config and set to the correct
version. The only way to fix it is to restart ASP.NET.

Any suggestions?

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))]

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of
its dependencies. Access is denied.]

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Rick,

Can you reproduce it with some reliable steps? You may use Process Monitor
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/processesandthreads/processmo
nitor.mspx) to trace the IIS worker process w3wp.exe to see when the error
occurs, what's some related files are being accessed by it. This may give
us some idea on the actual causes.

I've also searched in our internal support database, there're some similar
records which are related some user code that's calling some changed APIs
in .NET 2.0. Therefore if you could provide the call stack and some related
code when the exception is occured, this would be of great help.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support