Access Programmetically created controls

comp974

ok, here is the situation, I am trying to construct a table with
several ASP.net 2.0 controls in it during execution time in an VB.net
enviroment. For starters, I have a textbox and a linkbutton per row of
the table. I have easily constructed the table, but on the postback, I
am unable to access the controls... Here is an example of the code:

''' <summary>Page Load</summary>
''' <remarks>
''' <para>Ensure that the querystring has a client ID or else it
resends it to <see cref="Payment"/>.</para>
''' </remarks>
System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
'If Request.QueryString(Navigation.CLIENT) Is Nothing Or
Val(Request.QueryString(Navigation.CLIENT)) = 0 Then
' Dim Nav As New Navigation(Navigation.Webpages.WebPayment)
' Response.Redirect(Nav.toString)
'End If
hdnClientID.Value = 44
'Val(Request.QueryString(Navigation.CLIENT))
If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
lblClientName.Text = New
DataAccessLayer.Client(Val(hdnClientID.Value)).Client_Name
End If
ConfigureTable()
End Sub

''' <summary>Redirect to Client Information</summary>
''' <remarks>
''' </remarks>
Protected Sub lnkClient_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
e As System.EventArgs) Handles lnkClient.Click
Dim Nav As New Navigation(Navigation.Webpages.WebClient)
Nav.ClientID = Val(hdnClientID.Value)
Response.Redirect(Nav.toString)
End Sub

''' <summary>Create Invoice Table</summary>
''' <remarks>
''' <para>construct an amount of rows to be determined by the
number of invoices the client has.</para>
''' </remarks>
Protected Sub ConfigureTable()
Dim Data As IList(Of DataAccessLayer.Invoices) =
DataAccessLayer.Invoices.getUnPaidInvoicesByClientID(Val(hdnClientID.Value))

tblInvoices.Rows.Add(createHeaderRow)

For Each Record As DataAccessLayer.Invoices In Data
Dim Rows As New TableRow
For Counter As Integer = 0 To 6
Rows.Cells.Add(createCell(Counter, Record))
Next
Rows.EnableViewState = True
tblInvoices.Rows.Add(Rows)
Next
End Sub

''' <summary>On Transfer Button Click</summary>
''' <remarks>
''' <para>When the user clicks the button to transfer the
information to the other columns, this function grabs the row that was
selected, and then takes it and applies it to the other labels.</para>
''' </remarks>
Protected Sub TransferButton(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs)
Dim myButton As LinkButton = sender
Dim txt As New TextBox
txt.id = "txtApply" & myButton.CommandName
MessageBox(txt.Text)
End Sub

''' <summary>Construct the individual cells</summary>
''' <remarks>
''' <para>Determine what cell is being created using the CellID
number and then return the constructed cell with the controls already
connected.</para>
''' </remarks>
Protected Function createCell(ByVal CellID As Integer, ByRef data
As DataAccessLayer.Invoices) As TableCell
Const CELL_WIDTH As Integer = 13
Dim Cell As New TableCell

Select Case CellID
Case 0
Dim lbl As New Label
lbl.Text = data.Inv_Number
lbl.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Inset
lbl.EnableViewState = True

Cell.Width = Unit.Percentage(CELL_WIDTH)
Cell.Controls.Add(lbl)
Case 1
Dim lbl As New Label
lbl.Text = data.Inv_Date
lbl.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Inset
lbl.EnableViewState = True
Cell.Width = CELL_WIDTH
Cell.Controls.Add(lbl)
Case 2
Dim lbl As New Label
lbl.Text = data.Inv_Total - data.Inv_AmountPaid
lbl.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Inset
lbl.EnableViewState = True
Cell.Width = Unit.Percentage(CELL_WIDTH)
Cell.Controls.Add(lbl)
Case 3
Dim txt As New TextBox
txt.EnableViewState = True
txt.ID = "txtApply" & data.Inv_ID
Cell.Width = Unit.Percentage(CELL_WIDTH)
Cell.Controls.Add(txt)
Case 4
Cell.Width = Unit.Percentage(CELL_WIDTH)
Cell.Text = " "
Case 5
Dim Link As New LinkButton
AddHandler Link.Click, AddressOf TransferButton
Link.Text = "X"
Link.CommandName = data.Inv_ID
Link.EnableViewState = True
Cell.EnableViewState = True
Cell.Controls.Add(Link)
Case 6
Dim lbl As New Label
lbl.Text = data.Inv_Number
lbl.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Inset
lbl.EnableViewState = True
Cell.Width = Unit.Percentage(CELL_WIDTH)
Cell.Controls.Add(lbl)
End Select

Return Cell
End Function

''' <summary>Create Header Row for the dynamic table</summary>
''' <remarks></remarks>
Protected Function createHeaderRow() As TableHeaderRow
Dim DataRow As New TableHeaderRow
Dim DataCell As TableHeaderCell

DataCell = New TableHeaderCell
DataCell.Text = "Invoice Number"
DataRow.Cells.Add(DataCell)
DataCell = New TableHeaderCell
DataCell.Text = "Date"
DataRow.Cells.Add(DataCell)
DataCell = New TableHeaderCell
DataCell.Text = "Balance"
DataRow.Cells.Add(DataCell)
DataCell = New TableHeaderCell
DataCell.Text = "Discount"
DataRow.Cells.Add(DataCell)
DataCell = New TableHeaderCell
DataCell.Text = "Cash Applied"
DataRow.Cells.Add(DataCell)
DataCell = New TableHeaderCell
DataRow.Cells.Add(DataCell)
DataCell = New TableHeaderCell
DataCell.Text = "Total Applied"
DataRow.Cells.Add(DataCell)

Return DataRow
End Function

For simplicity, Messagebox sends up a javascript alert with what ever
is passed to it.

Please Help, I have tried, page.findcontrol(), findcontrol(), creating
a new textbox with the same id, tblInvoices.findcontrol(),
cell.findcontrol() and all sorts of other idiotic steps to access this
information. I know the answer is something simple, but it simply
eludes me.

Thank You in advance.
Eric Forkrud