Access to excel spread sheets

Jordi

Hello,

can anyone tell what is the best way to access to a excel spread sheet from
c++?
I would be interested in read it and write it.

Thank you in advance
Jordi

Ian Collins

Jordi said:
Hello,

can anyone tell what is the best way to access to a excel spread sheet from
c++?
I would be interested in read it and write it.
Good luck!

Excel is a closed format.

Tom

Hello,

can anyone tell what is the best way to access to a excel spread sheet from
c++?
I would be interested in read it and write it.

Thank you in advance
Jordi
There is an extensive Visual Basic interface into Excel and several
books available on the topic. I'd start there and if you are dedicated
to C++ ... use the examples in the Visual Basic/Excel books as a
starting point.

roberts.noah

Jordi said:
Hello,

can anyone tell what is the best way to access to a excel spread sheet from
c++?
I would be interested in read it and write it.

First, ask you question in an appropriate newsgroup. This group is not
OS specific and so questions of an OS specific nature are not topical
and besides...nobody necessarily knows.

As I recall, MS opens office files as databases so go look at the
database functionality.

Ian Collins

Ben said:
OpenOffice can handle Excel spreadsheets can't it?
Yes, but it ain't C++!

I suppose you could answer the OP by saying 'import into OO and save in
OO's native format, then open the OO XML files with C++'

roberts.noah

Ian said:
Yes, but it ain't C++!

I suppose you could answer the OP by saying 'import into OO and save in
OO's native format, then open the OO XML files with C++'

Obviously he can answer as he wants to....besides, XML isn't C++ either.

Ian Collins

Obviously he can answer as he wants to....besides, XML isn't C++ either.
I didn't say it was, but it's a relatively trivial task in C++ to work
with a plain text file than a closed binary one.