Access violation read error

Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am trying to build a win32 dynamic library to use in my API but have encountered the following error during run time...

Code:
Access violation read to 0x000032EA

I have managed to trace the error back to the file verilated.cpp included in my VC++ 2015 project.

The file was created as part of a Linux freeware called verilator which I have migrated to Windows.

The error occurs in line 237 of the file and my VC++ generates the following warning when running code analysis...

Code:
Warning    C6385    Reading invalid data from 'vn':  the readable size is '68' bytes, but '-8' bytes may be read.

The exact code is...
Code:
vluint64_t qhat = unw64 / (vluint64_t)(vn[vw-1]);

The problem seems to stem from the term
Code:
vn[vw-1]

Please find the file attached and suggest a fix.

Thanks.

Attachments

  • verilated.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 443
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Turns out all I had to do was include the line
Code:
_assume(vw >= 2);
After line 241 in the code and the warning is fixed.