Accessing ASP.Net web app with non-IE browser

Dr. StrangeDub

I am part of a group that has developed an ASP.Net web application.
I'm presently trying to test some code I wrote that checks for IE
browser at session start (and issue warning if not IE), but I can't
seem to "get out the starting blocks" with any non-IE browser: I've
tried Netscape 4.8, Netscape 7.0, and Opera 7.5. I've gotten a few
different errors, but most often I get the following when attemting to
access the startup page:

HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration
Internet Information Services

Anybody know how to get another browser to work? Only my old Netscape
4.8 pops up a login dialogue, but I can't get that to log in
correctly.

Thanks,
Michael Rose
Unisys Corp.

Hans

Hi!

Check if you only have Integrated Authentication set on. Only IE supports
this. You can test this by adding either anoymous or basic authentication.

Regards
/Hans