my ASP.NET web app being blocked by IE??

Rob R. Ainscough

I've created an ASP.NET/VB.NET web application running on a public web
server. My web app uses form authentication. I don't have a registered
domain name, I'm just using an IP address to link from another site. As
soon as I do so I get a blocked icon in IE (Lower right corner) and I have
to either drop my privacy setting to Low (from Medium) or specifically
unblock my site (IP address).

What is causing this? Is it because I'm pointing to a IP address rather
than a registered domain name? Or is this some type of cookie issue?? I
don't specifically create any cookies that I'm aware off (except those
managed by ASP.NET).

Rob.

Kevin Spencer

Your IE Security settings are causing this. However, we don't know what they
are, or what the specific reason given by IE for blocking the page is.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Rob R. Ainscough

I did some research and it appears that I need to setup P3P on my IIS
server. My IE Privacy settings were Medium, moving them to Low resolved the
blocking problem, however I can't ask potential customers to do the same.
I'm assuming that if I setup a P3P it will resolve the issue with IE 6?

Thanks, Rob.