Accessing ASP.NET web service from windows client

Venkat

Hi,
I have a ASP.NET applicaiton, which is using Formbased Authnitication. Also
I have a HellowWorld.asmx service in the same folder.

I am not able to access the HellowWorld.asmx service from windows client,
becuase it is saying the my request is not authnticated.

So this means, windows clients can't access services secured by Form Based
Authnitication?

Thanks,
Venkat

Joern Schou-Rode

So this means, windows clients can't access services secured by Form
Based Authnitication?

It really does not matter whether the consumer of your web server is a
Windows client, an ASP.NET web app or a UNIX bash script. Form based
authentication is meant to be used only by human users.

Before we can help you any further, it would be really nice to know
whether you actually want your web service to be protected by an
authentication scheme. If you need this, what kind of credentials should
the client use to authenticate itself against the server?