Accessing input fields declared outside the form

Jessica Weiner

I have an input field defined outside the <form> area. Its a simple html
text input that is used to enter the number of hours.

<input id="HoursField" name="hours" type="text" />

I want to access this field from the server side (c# code). I tried these
two methods to access the field but they dont work. Please help.

String[] tempArray;
tempArray = Request.Form.GetValues("hours");
Response.Write (tempArray[0]);

---

string val = Request.QueryString["hours"].ToString();
Response.Write (val);

Jessica

neilmcguigan

1. some people consider it bad form to post to more than one newgroup
:)

2. why is this input field outside of the form?

cheers

neil

nasirmajor

Jessica said:
I have an input field defined outside the <form> area. Its a simple html
text input that is used to enter the number of hours.

<input id="HoursField" name="hours" type="text" />
don't declare it outside the form tag.
use
<input id="hoursfield" name="hours" type="text" runat="server">

and then use it in script tags
like
string hours="";
hours=hoursfield.text;