Accessing servlet from html page

cat_dog_ass

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it necessary to use an XML file to let an HTML file connect to a
servlet? Can't I directly mention the explicit path of the servlet in
the ACTION attribute of the FORM element?

2. I have installed Tomcat on my computer and it's working fine.
I am using an HTML file to access a local servlet via the
following:
C:/Eclipse/eclipse/projects/project1/servlets1/Servlet1>Link from
here</a>

My servlet is placed in the
c:\eclipse\eclipse\projects\project1\servlets1 folder and the name of
my servlet is: Servlets.class.

However, it's not working when I'm clicking on the hyperlink. What's
the problem?