ActiveX work-around to avoid the drop-down IE7 warning?

clintonG

I thought I read there was a work-around for ActiveX content that no longer
activates the drop-down warning? Some kind of script trick or other way to
write the HTML which refers to the ActiveX control?

Guest

Here is an example of one workaround:

<!-- Workaround by Chris Benjaminsen start -->
<script language="javascript">function
writeHTML(a){document.write(a)}</script>
<script language="javascript" src="javascript:'function
writeHTML(a){document.write(a)}'"></script>
<!-- Workaround end -->
<script language="javascript">
writeHTML('<embed
src="http://www.chrisbenjaminsen.com/content/Misc/Flash/Ticktacktoe.swf"></embed>')
</script>

If you search on "IE ActiveX Workaround" you'll find more.
Peter

clintonG

Those simple search terms huh? Will do. Thanks for the snippet and the
suggesstion Peter...

<%= Clinton