adding a custom vb.net winform control in asp.net

ElCapitan

greetings all,

I am new to adding controls to a webpage, i have created a control in
vb.net and build the solution, I then took the dll file and stuck it in
the root directory of the home page. I added this object tag to the
body of the page

<object id="simpleControl1"
classid="http:WindowsControlLibrary1.dll#Microsoft.Samples.WinForms.Cs.UserControl1.UserControl1"
height="300" width="300" VIEWASTEXT><param name="Text" value="Simple
Control">
</object>

also tried using WindowsControlLibrary1.dll instead of http:...

When I load the page I get a box with those little shapes on the upper
left hand corner (like a little triangle, circle and a box) almost as
if there is supposed to be an image that was not loaded there.

I downloaded an example in c# and it worked so I am not sure if the
security settings are my problem, I added localhost to my trusted
sites.

Please let me know if anyone can help me with this, thanks.

ElCapitan

nevermind, you need to use a webform control and not a winform control,
that was dumb.