Adding new Libraries to eclipse

Nigel

Hi,

I am trying to use a library called "org.eclipse.jface.wizard" within
eclipse. My classes are not recognizing this library when I import it
("import org.eclipse.jface.wizard;"). I have not been able to find
the JAR file to manually import it. Does anyone know the steps I need
to take in order to add this library within eclipse 3.2?

Thanks.
- Nigel

Thomas Fritsch

Nigel said:
I am trying to use a library called "org.eclipse.jface.wizard" within
eclipse. My classes are not recognizing this library when I import it
("import org.eclipse.jface.wizard;"). I have not been able to find
the JAR file to manually import it. Does anyone know the steps I need
to take in order to add this library within eclipse 3.2?

I don't know an automatic way of doing so.

But in eclipse's help system you can go to page
  "Platform Plug-in Developer Guide" -> "Reference"
  -> "Other reference information" -> "Map of Platform Plug-ins".
There you find that package "org.eclipse.jface.wizard" is in plugin
"org.eclipse.ui".

If you are developing an eclipse plug-in, then you simply have to add the
found plugin-id to the list of required plugins in your "plugin.xml" file.
If you are developing a normal (i.e. non-eclipse) Java application, then I
think you have to add all jar-files from the plug-in's sub-directory
manually with the "Add External JARs..." button.