    develop our API so it will be available and easy to utilize by any platform
    (PHP, ASP, Python, Java, etc., etc...)

    Should we use WCF, REST, SOAP WSDL, any other?

    Michael Kansky, Mar 29, 2010

  2. Michael Kansky

    sdunnin Guest

    My experience lies with plain old .NET web services. Have not had an
    opportunity to explore WCF yet but understand that it seems to be the
    wave of the future for MS. You could develop either a SOAP or REST
    based web service using either technology. In my opinion, you might
    want to use REST if ease of use is the primary concern. If security
    and, or more complex transactions are important then a SOAP based
    service might be your better bet.

    sdunnin, Apr 7, 2010