advice/thoughts on garbage collection?

mijoryx

Thanks to all for many useful perspectives.
Overall trends:
Use Boehm Garbage Collector for most C projects.
Prefer reference counting (possibly reduced to a bit)
for a simpler method where Boehm is too much.

I've also stumbled upon a library that offers a solution
to this and other issues specific to a dynamic
object-based language: GObject, part of Glib (GNOME).

I'm sorely tempted to scrap everything and start over
with GObject containers. Until then it's still more
useful perspective.

luXer-ex-troXX