Ajax DropDown control

Peter

Does anyone know of OpenSource .NET 2.0 ajax dropdown box with typeahead
feature and ability to load only X amount of items? I have over 20,000
names in a database table which I would like to allow user to select from a
dropdown box, but I don't want to load all of them at one time.

Thank You

Peter

Peter

Thanks for your help!

I've already looked at most of them and they work with FireFox or just don't
work at all. I was looking for an OpenSource custom control that works with
both IE and FireFox.

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Googling for typeahead dropdown ajax returns quite a lot of references:
http://www.google.com/search?source...LG:2005-46,GGLG:en&q=typeahead++dropdown+ajax

For the loading part, you should filter the items on your datasource
before databinding.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Peter said:
Does anyone know of OpenSource .NET 2.0 ajax dropdown box with typeahead
feature and ability to load only X amount of items? I have over 20,000
names in a database table which I would like to allow user to select from
a dropdown box, but I don't want to load all of them at one time.

Thank You

Peter

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Peter,

So, what's your expectations from the control? What do u wanna get?
If not extract all records then u need change the usability of your contol.
I'd recommend to use AutoComplete dropdown list, where the selection creteria
is based on the first 2 symbols which user typed

---
WBR,

P> Does anyone know of OpenSource .NET 2.0 ajax dropdown box with
P> typeahead feature and ability to load only X amount of items? I have
P> over 20,000 names in a database table which I would like to allow
P> user to select from a dropdown box, but I don't want to load all of
P> them at one time.
P>
P> Thank You
P>
P> Peter

Peter

I would like the control to look and act the same in IE and FireFox, every
control I've looked at it visually acted differently in IE then FireFox
(usually no usable in one of them, for example
http://easylistbox.com/demoComboAjax.aspx this control is totally unusable
in FireFox) and that's where my experience is lacking to fix them , CSS and
HTML.