Ajax

Arne Garvander

I just downloaded the February update to the control toolkit.
How do I get these controls unto my Toolbox?
I have VS 2005 and VS 2008 Express.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If the installer does not do it for you (forget which do and do not), save
the assembly (DLL) to a directory where you can reference it. Then, open
Visual Studio and right click the toolbox. Choose Add Items and then browse
for the DLL.

It is best if you make your own group for the AJAX Toolbox and add them
there, as you have it set up easier to use. After that, drag and drop onto
the page.

Arne Garvander

1. I compiled the sample control toolkit website
2. I right click on the toolbox, i did 'choose item' and browsed for the
AjaxControlToolkit.dll
The only problem is that I donwloaded both 1.0 and 3.5 version of the toolkit.
I will find out that is a problem.
--
Arne Garvander
(I program VB.Net for fun and C# to get paid.)

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) said:
If the installer does not do it for you (forget which do and do not), save
the assembly (DLL) to a directory where you can reference it. Then, open
Visual Studio and right click the toolbox. Choose Add Items and then browse
for the DLL.

It is best if you make your own group for the AJAX Toolbox and add them
there, as you have it set up easier to use. After that, drag and drop onto
the page.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

It can be an issue if you try to use both in the same project, as you end up
with namespace clashes. You can get around that by compiling one set to
another name and explicitly calling things, but you would be better not to
do that.

Within a single project, it should not be a problem, as long as you do not
try to run both in the same project.