AJP Connector on Tomcat

Armel HERVE

Hi there,

I'm trying to use connector between Apache and Tomcat 5.5.
Do to that, I've added some lines to server.xml:
<Connector
address="192.168.2.101" port="8009"
protocol="AJP/1.3"
tomcatAuthentication="false" />

When I start Tomcat (on Windows XP, for test purposes), I obtain a stack
trace error:
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start
(Bootstrap.java:294)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main
(Bootstrap.java:432)
Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not f
ound
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.commons.modeler.util.DomUtil.readXml
(DomUtil.java:284)

This error disappears if I remove inserted lines.
Does anybody can hel me ?

Thanks for your answers

Armel

[...]

Actually, I have the same problem on Fedora...

Armel

Armel HERVE

copy/paste whole server.xml
I have found what's wrong: tomcat does not have xerces installed. If I
put xercesimpl.jar in {tomcat_home}/server/lib, all works fine.

for information, this is my server.xml:

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
<Service name="Catalina">
<Connector
address="192.168.2.101" port="8009"
protocol="AJP/1.3"
tomcatAuthentication="false" />

<!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="192.168.2.101">
<Host
name="192.168.2.101" appBase="/d:/ProgramShop/server"
unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="false"
directory="logs" prefix="localhost_access_log."
suffix=".txt" pattern="combined" resolveHosts="false"/>

</Host>
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>

Thanks

Armel

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Armel said:
I have found what's wrong: tomcat does not have xerces installed. If I
put xercesimpl.jar in {tomcat_home}/server/lib, all works fine.

Tomcat should not need Xerces there.

Are you by any chance running Tomcat on an old Java version
without builtin XML parser ?

Arne