Ian Collins said:
Joe said:
"Eric Sosman" <[email protected]>

Joe Smith wrote On 05/25/06 12:46,:

[garbled quoting snipped for clarity's sake; see up-thread]

I think my newsreader's got a mind of its own. If anyone would like to
recommend one that contributes to usenet clarity, I'm all ears.

Mozilla/Thunderbird. Does just about everything right out of the box.

And where do I procure this box? joe
http://www.mozilla.org/

Keith Thompson

Joe Smith said:
Ian Collins said:
Joe said:
"Eric Sosman" <[email protected]>

Joe Smith wrote On 05/25/06 12:46,:

[garbled quoting snipped for clarity's sake; see up-thread]

I think my newsreader's got a mind of its own. If anyone would like to
recommend one that contributes to usenet clarity, I'm all ears.
Mozilla/Thunderbird. Does just about everything right out of the box.

And where do I procure this box? joe

There is no box. You can download it from <http://www.mozilla.com/>.

Peter Nilsson

Joe said:
...my purpose is not to influence the Standard as much as adhere to it
...I wouldn't mind knowing more about the execution set, if you felt like
talking about it.

Why not look it up yourself? Even if you don't want to purchase the
standard itself, you can obtain a draft like n1124.pdf and read all
about it in 5.2.

CBFalconer

Joe said:
.... snip ...

I think my newsreader's got a mind of its own. If anyone would
like to recommend one that contributes to usenet clarity, I'm all
ears.

You are using OE, which is known to be evil. Get Thunderbird, from
mozilla.org.

Joe Smith

"Eric Sosman"
John Devereux wrote On 05/24/06 14:42,:
Joe said:
"ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ"
"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
"0123456789"
" "
"!#%^&*()-_"
"+=~[]\|;:\'"
"\"{},.<>/\?"
"\a\b\f\n\r\t\v\\"

Do the above string literals comprise an alphabet for C? joe

Define "alphabet".

Also, a quick scan shows no '@' or '$'.

Hmm, these are not "needed" for C are they...

Seems a waste of good characters to me. C does make admirable use of
the symbols that most unenlightened folk would have no clue where to
find on their keyboard. But @ and $, also ` and ¬ are sadly neglected
by the C language, in my opinion.

Surely this situation cries out for some new operators to be added to
the language.

Good idea. Let's pick an unused character like ÷ and
use it for the long-desired exponentiation operator ...
// begin reply
#define truetype
I was programming for Leroy in '83
I heard a song on the radio that advocated that
"we multiply by the power of two" .
That formulation annoyed me until
I realized that it was being sung by lesbians,
not scientists.

I programmed, cut wood with the Labrador.
The shadow of Rainier.

My claim is that an inappropriate number of '>' 's occurs in this response.
joe

Keith Thompson

Joe Smith said:
Keith Thompson said:
Joe Smith wrote On 05/25/06 12:4
[snip]
[garbled quoting snipped for clarity's sake; see up-thread]
There is no box. You can download it from <http://www.mozilla.com/>.

The download begins presently. Would you, as a person who rubs his eyes
reading clc as much as anyone, have anything topical to say about settings?
joe

There is nothing topical here to say about Mozilla/Thunderbird
settings. (I don't read Usenet with Thunderbird, so I wouldn't be
able to answer even if it were topical.)

Joe Smith

"CBFalconer"
Joe said:
... snip ...

I think my newsreader's got a mind of its own. If anyone would
like to recommend one that contributes to usenet clarity, I'm all
ears.

You are using OE, which is known to be evil. Get Thunderbird, from
mozilla.org.
[snip> --]

Google's my home page. Of the relevance of the presnipped above, I am
uncertain. My guess is that clc is telling you to get your act together.
Downloading Thunderbird tomorrow. How do you know I was using OE, besides
the obvious? joe

Dik T. Winter

> Good idea. Let's pick an unused character like ÷ and
> use it for the long-desired exponentiation operator ...

A mathematician would shudder. That is more close to integer division.

Sjouke Burry

CBFalconer said:
Joe Smith wrote:

... snip ...

You are using OE, which is known to be evil. Get Thunderbird, from
mozilla.org.
And allow it on installation to copy things
from OE.

pete

Joe said:
How do you know I was using OE, besides
the obvious?

This obvious?

Or do you mean some other obvious?

Keith Thompson

Joe Smith said:
"CBFalconer"
Joe said:
... snip ...

I think my newsreader's got a mind of its own. If anyone would
like to recommend one that contributes to usenet clarity, I'm all
ears.

You are using OE, which is known to be evil. Get Thunderbird, from
mozilla.org.
[snip> --]

Google's my home page. Of the relevance of the presnipped above, I am
uncertain. My guess is that clc is telling you to get your act together.

Its his signature. If it's not relevant to you, just ignore it.
Downloading Thunderbird tomorrow. How do you know I was using OE, besides
the obvious? joe

Each article you post has the following header line: